What Is Depression?
Lack of motivation, foggy mind, and just not having the energy to do anything at all. Can you relate this? Depression is characterized by a persistent feeling of sadness or loss of interest. Depression can influence relationships and perpetuate some chronic health conditions. In the United States, depression is the leading cause of disability in the United States among people ages 15-44. Depression ranks among the top 3 work place issues due to interference with daily work, resulting in loss time, and lower productivity.
A Quick Depression Assessment
A few questions to consider if it is time to seek treatment for depression are:
- Over the past 2 weeks, have you experienced little interest or pleasure in doing things?
- Have you been feeling down, depressed, or hopeless?
- Have you been having trouble falling to sleep, staying sleep, or sleeping too much?
- Have you been having a poor appetite, or overeating?
- Have you had trouble concentrating on things, such as reading the newspaper or watching television?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, then it might be time to speak with a counselor. Call our office at 985-661-0560 or fill out our appointment request form.